header bg


If you are involved in an accident resulting in bodily injury to someone, you must notify the police


If you are involved in an accident, you must stop. If you see that someone has been injured or killed or there has been at least $500 worth of property damage, you must call the police immediately. (If you are injured and unable to call the police, ask someone else such as a passenger to do it for you.) Of course, you should also call for any other emergency personnel that are needed (ambulance, fire department, etc.). [Accidents and the Financial Responsibility Law, New Mexico Driver Manual], [NM Stat § 66-7-206]