header bg


If a police officer stops you for a traffic violation, which of the following documents must you provide to the officer?

A All of the above answers

Tennessee's Financial Responsibility Law requires you to be financially responsible in the event of a traffic accident. The easiest way to meet your financial responsibility requirement is to be covered by an auto liability insurance policy. If a police officer stops you for a traffic violation or an equipment check, you must provide your driver license, vehicle's registration, and proof of insurance to the officer. ["Why You Should Have Auto Insurance," Tennessee Department of Revenue, https://www.tn.gov/revenue/title-and-registration/drive-insured-tennessee/for-drivers/why-you-should-have-auto-insurance.html]