header bg


If a new Alaska resident has an out-of-state driver's license that has previously been revoked, suspended, or canceled in another state, what must he or she do to obtain an Alaska driver's license?

A Have a certified driving record from the previous state sent to the AK DMV.

If a new Alaska resident whose current out-of-state driver's license was previously suspended, revoked, or canceled would like to obtain an Alaska driver's license, he or she must request that a copy of their certified driving history from the previous state be sent to the AK Division of Motor Vehicles to ensure that the period has expired. [Certified Driving Records, Other Information, Alaska Driver Manual]